Tuesday 17 February 2009

Random leaflets of a personal diary

Chapter 1 – The last rites

Two days ago, my hubby and I were kidnapped. We were taken to an undisclosed location with our eyes closed. The kidnappers tried to rape me and loot us. My hubby tried to save us but he was shot by one of them. He, later, succumbed to his injuries.

After writing these lines, she threw the diary into his funeral pyre.

Chapter 2 – The first night

‘After marriage’ life is a different world.
A friend of mine once said that having sex is just like eating, sleeping and talking.
But everyone frowned at him. Even I thought the subject was taboo.
But now, I realize that it’s just normal.
Believe me, it takes you to heights of pleasure and happiness.

Chapter 3 – The chat logs


I can’t say I know everything about computers but I’m pretty much confident that I can hack most of the unsecured websites. Cracking passwords and solving anagrams have always been my passion.
Today, I was checking the chat logs to find an old conversation with my friend. But I managed to find a chat log of my wife. I smiled at it once and wanted to check what we were chatting before our marriage. I thought it would be fun.
She was in the kitchen. I was about to call her but stopped after seeing the following conversation.

Smileygirl72: Hi
Rogerpad88: How are you, dear?
Smileygirl72: I’m fine but I’m missing you very badly.
Rogerpad88: Don’t worry.
Smileygirl72: But it’s kind of very hard for me. You know, I couldn’t stop myself from having…. Can you understand?
Rogerpad88: Yes, dear. My love is not physical. All I want is you and only you.

And it continued…

Yes, it wasn’t our chat but hers.
I was shocked to find this.

Chapter 4 – Meeting my better half

It’s time to get married. That’s what I realized when my parents told me about their searching a girl for me. Hang on!
All these 25 years, I studied, prepared for my exams, hunted for jobs, got a decent one and earned a lot of money. But not a minute in my life did I think about my better half.
Why?
It’s not that I hate girls or I’m a celibate. I just couldn’t find time for this.
But why should my parents find a girl for me? I should go for a love marriage. No, it’s too late. It would take at least 2 years to find a girl, talk to her, and convince ourselves that we are in love with each other. Forget it!
But my parents are proactive. They’ve seen this girl, talked to her parents and they are almost sure that she ‘would be’ my wife. I’ve been given a mobile number and they’ve asked me to speak a few words to her.
Yes, I spoke to her for three hours. I’ve never spoken to a girl for such a long time in my whole life. The conversation was interesting but what did we discuss? I don’t remember. Her voice is really sweet. This isn’t making any sense. I’m going mad. Is this what is called love?
I did see her photo (I guess she has sent the best pic of hers). Man, she did look beautiful. So, I called up my parents and said ok. And yes, I’m going to meet her at a restaurant next week. Do you believe that? This is happening so fast.

Chapter 5 - The wild encounter

I’m writing this from my hospital bed. The pain is excruciating and I’m not able to speak.

I was following her, the ‘HER’ of my life. I don’t have an idea why she was traveling on that train at that time in the night. But suddenly she got down at a remote station.
I barely had the time to jump off the train, as she got down at the last second.
I was lucky; she didn’t notice my fall. She was on the run.
Wiping the dirt on my clothes, I noticed her image receding from my vision and hence followed her quickly but stealthily. I saw her entering an old dilapidated house. I tried to get in but heard a gun shot instead. I have seen bullets boring holes only in the movies but never believed they had such power. But today that I received one right on my chest, I accept, it does hurt badly. I was slowly losing my conscious and all I could see, in front of me, was a man, aged about 25, with a trimmed mustache and a .67 Walther in his hand.
Oh yes, standing next to him was my beloved wife.

Chapter 6 – The engagement


Today is a day to be remembered. My engagement just got over and, man, she was looking pretty. I stood like a proud man in front of my college mates.
She had invited her friends too. The girl in the blue sari (her schoolmate I guess) was really cute. Ok, I wouldn’t want to start off a tiff even before we’re married.
Cheers!

Chapter X – The unwritten words

I don’t understand why my wife did this to me. She could give a hundred reasons for this but I never forced her to marry me. And not a single moment did she indicate any signs of unhappiness.

I was living my bachelorhood with full of joy and excitement. I thought she would make many pages in my diary but never thought she would be the one to write the last lines of it.

May God save all those who are destined to see similar ends.

Amen!

No comments: